10.28.2004

the events of the day

just finished basketball practice... it went well, as long as it went. some guy came in and ran us off. he said they were about to have a tournament. ok, so we lost 30+ minutes of practice time, and potentially a big time comeback and win in a big game. so if we lose one of those kinds of games, I can at least know why.

really, it was a good practice, and we got a lot done. I blocked 2 SHOTS!!! of course, Fred did too, but after all, he is a good 4 inches taller than me! I was doing a dribbling drill where i go backwards with my left hand, and Coach Noah Guess came up behind me and made a little joking attempt to steal the ball. well, he laid me flat on my back...end, and now i am screaming with pains from my left hip and my left wrist. ok, maybe i'm just aware of the pain, not screaming in agonizing pain...

The moral of the story, "never dribble backwards with your left hand when you know no one is behind you.