3.31.2007

The Uniformity of a book collection is a beautiful thing....

Yesterday I completed my collection of the Jane Austen novels from the Barnes & Noble Classics series. Three years ago, they began publishing the hardbacks, and included were Pride & Prejudice, Emma, Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, and Mansfield Park. They discontinued the hardbacks last year (I suspect because there were too many typos, (as I found a few in the books I read), and hence, I had an incomplete JA series. Yesterday I went to B&N and noticed a brand new selection of the hardbacks including the original titles as well as new ones. I was very excited to see they had published Northanger Abbey, and though there were three or four more titles I wanted to purchase I settled for only that one. And now my bookshelf feels much more prestigious, having a "complete" set of Jane Austens! (minus the much less known Lady Susan)