4.27.2006

Brahms': A German Requiem

Back in April, the University Singers, of which I am a part, together with the Memphis Symphony Chorus and memphis Symphony Orchestra performed Johannes Brahms A German Requiem. The concert was absolutely spectacular. The work is made of 7 movements, the sixth of which is my favorite and I have it here for you to listen to so you can also enjoy it. Brahms' whole Requiem is a masterpiece and the only word I can think of to describe it is that it is majestic. it is grand, it is large. These don't describe it well, but the work is large. The performance itself is 70 minutes, which is very long especially when you dont get an intermission, which we didn't. I don't guess you can really know how I want to desribe it unless you have either performed it or experienced it live. But here is the sixth movement anyhow, and if you have a large sound system in your house, crank it up. hehe. i love this movement.