mama left.
...and since friday, the only home-cooked meal I have eaten is some warmed up chicken pot pie, which, by the way, was fantabulous. With Mama went the three youngest chaps of my brotherhood to Arkansas for a visit to the grand parents. Since their departure, my life has consisted of a few key things. But! those few things have managed with little effort to keep me happy for this mama-barren time period. Those things are as follows: (For your convenience I have included visual aid for the hearing impaired):
Something I have often thought would be very cool and I would be ok with is if my family all went in and got me something big that I wanted. Well they all went in and got me something (and others too, for the sake of not leaving them out completely) but they didn't get me something big. oh well...
Dan and roy got this computer game oh a couple weeks ago and it has been the thing to do around here. Well I started a campaign back at the beginning (because thats a very good place to start) (my profile name is "chick_magnet" haha) and after some serious hours at the computer, I finally beat the game. I think that is the first time I have ever beaten a game. I felt pretty good.
Over the period of Friday to Today (5 days?) I have been on a movie spree, so to speak. They were all ones I have never seen before and a few of these particularly I enjoyed thoroughly...here they are in order of appearance:
friday night (w/ pops, dan, and john)
saturday night (w/ pops, dan, and john)
sunday night (w/ john, suzy, seth, nawill, merc, and jame)
monday morning (w/ dan)
monday afternoon (w/ dan)
monday evening (w/ john and seth)
Tuesday afternoon (w/me, myself, and I)
The most amazing of the collection was Black Hawk Down. Indeed it was not lacking in graphic war violence, but it really gave a good idea of the reality of war. And how amazing America's military is, not only technologically, but as far as the importance of honor and respect, particularly for their dead. Quite a moving film.
However, The last of the bunch wins SHED OF EMOTIONS MOVIE OF THE MOMENT because it actually made me cry. Many of you know how much I cry period. Almost nill. But I really did shed a few tears in this movie near the end when the vietnam dude salutes the Colonel (Samuel Jackson). It sent shivers up my spine. I must say though that it does have a considerable amount of filler words, if you know what i mean, so I do not necessarily recommend it for general audiences (that is why it's not rated G. haha.) Well, I have now posted a good post. Good night.