6.26.2006

When in the couse of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

In my state of wowness, as I so bluntly described in the previous posting, this is the thing that keeps popping up in my head. I don't know why, but it does. And since I have been thinking of it, I decided to share it with you. This style of expression, you know, just isn't found in the modern well of ink.

I shall also note that God was, in fact, mentioned in the very first sentence of the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America. What? Fie on you, vain world, who pumps every vain ounce of your energy into your bloody veins of pride and rebellion. Fight on, vain world, to the day when you will stop in your tracks and know the Son of God descending in all his righteousness to take his brothers and sisters home and leave you to your bloody destruction...