12.05.2005

Less Right

As of the last month or so, Davis has been on a reading spurt. Just yesterday, he came up to me while I was studying calculus and wrote his name for me backwards perfectly. S-i-V-A-D. I was very impressed, then I told him to spell it right, and he did. He is a very smart kid. He surfs the web better than Granny, and is a very proficient computer game player. So, recently Daddy bought these learning computer games for Davis that he was just checking out, and Mums, Pops, and I were looking them over. On one them we were reading on the cover how the game worked, and we read these two sentences...

“Golf stars mean great job! A red check mark lets your child know to try again.”

“A giggling star tells you when you’re right, and a frowing check mark lets you know you need to try again.”

Do you sense anything disturbing if not perverted about these concepts? Please tell me I am not in the dark...

etc...